Download PDF: Stan Tatkin’s 10 Commandments for a Healthy Relationship
1. THOU SHALT protect the safety and security of thy relationship at all costs.
2. THOU SHALT base thy relationship on true mutuality,
remembering that all decisions and actions must be good
for thee AND for thine partner.
3. THOU SHALT not threaten the existence of the relationship,
for so doing would benefit no one.
4. THOU SHALT appoint thy partner as go-to person for all matters,
making certain thy partner is first to know—
not second, third, or fourth—in all matters of importance.
5. THOU SHALT provide a tether to thy partner all the days and nights of thy life,
and never fail to greet thy partner with good cheer.
6. THOU SHALT protect thy partner in public and in private
from harmful elements, including thyself.
7. THOU SHALT put thy partner to bed each night
and awaken with thy partner each morning.
8. THOU SHALT correct all errors, including injustices and injuries,
at once or as soon as possible, and not make dispute
of who was the original perpetrator.
9. THOU SHALT gaze lovingly upon thy partner daily
and make frequent and meaningful gestures
of appreciation, admiration, and gratitude.
10. THOU SHALT learn thy partner well
and master the ways of seduction, influence, and persuasion,
without the use of fear or threat.